Saturday, January 19, 2013

In Loving Memory.

Matt's grandfather passed away Monday morning after a decline in health.  He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather.  He lived an amazing life and had quite a knack for storytelling.  I wish that I personally would have had more time to spend with him as he truly was an incredible man full of warmth and love; I feel that the few years I did know him were a gift and am very grateful for them.  I think the whole family takes comfort in the fact that he has gone to a better place and is reunited with his beloved wife Rosemary.  Below is a photo from our wedding, it's not the greatest picture, but Grandpa looks so very happy.  May he rest in peace.

Leo Higgins, Jr., July 24 1924 - January 14, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Ellen, for the very kind words about my father and Matt's grandfather. I loved him, and he will be missed. XO Mom

    ReplyDelete