Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Recap

It's been quite a while since I've updated this as life out here has been quite busy!!  I'll give a quick update of what we've been up to the last couple weeks.  Two weekends ago we caught our first Colorado College hockey game...they were playing Wisconsin and it was supposed to be a good game.  Obviously we were rooting for CC since they were the home team and they also are the Tigers...though their mascot logo has nothing on the Mizzou Tigers. ;) We won the game 3-2 and it was a lot of fun!

A little scuffle :)

Taking in the game...go CC!
That Saturday we did a little Christmas decoration shopping...I am SO excited to decorate our home for the holiday!  Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of year and I've been planning how to decorate since I moved in back in June.  We'll be putting lights up outside this coming weekend and then cutting down a tree and decorating inside the following weekend...and I will definitely be putting up pictures once we do!  We also went to a birthday party for once of Matt's soldier's sons.  It was pretty funny to watch him with all the kids, putting toys together and having them climb over him like a jungle gym.

Last week was my last week on orientation and training at work so starting this week I am officially on my own, a full-fledged nurse!  I'm both nervous and excited but I have confidence that I will be great on my own.  I worked Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night and then we flew back to St. Louis Wednesday to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with our family and friends.  It really was wonderful to see everyone again.  From Matt's side we had Grandpa, Mimi, Aunt Rosemary, and his brother Dan in town while most of my family already lives in the St. Louis area.  We enjoyed the annual Kirkwood-Webster Groves Turkey Day game even though Kirkwood lost rather badly.  Neither of us had been back to the high school in years and it was crazy to see all that had changed.  We headed over to my mom's side after the game and enjoyed delicious food and then then headed to my dad's side and repeated it again!  Friday afternoon we had our third dinner with Matt's side of the family.  We were able to meet up with many of our fabulous friends Friday night and catch up before heading back to Colorado Saturday evening.  It was a whirlwind trip but we loved getting the chance to see so many of our friends and family.  Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures at all to document the weekend...still working on that. :)

The sole picture from the weekend: Turkey Day Game!!
We made it safely back home to Colorado Saturday night without too much trouble or delay and Cooper dog was incredibly excited to see us!  It really gives us an ego boost every time we come home from a trip and he is just bursting at the seams with excitement at seeing us. :)  Now, we're just going to enjoy being back in Colorado and get ready for Christmas...lots of decorating, shopping, baking, and gift wrapping to do!!
Tuckered out Cooper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment