Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sixteen Weeks and Civil Service.

Time is absolutely flying.  Will is now just over 16 weeks old...wow!  I swear sometimes it seems like he grows over night.  His little personality is shining through and he is simply the sweetest little boy.  He has a smile that will just melt you and has started laughing.  He is sitting up on his own though he's still rather unsteady and wobbly.  It's crazy how babies just reach these milestones out of nowhere.  One day he was propped against a pillow on the couch and the next thing I know, Matt is calling me over to check out our kid sitting up on his own.  I can't wait for that moment when he starts to crawl and then the day when he takes his first steps.  

He is a very vocal little boy and will chat away at me in the mornings.  He still eats like a champ and spits up like crazy...at least he has gotten better about having his clothes changed.  His thighs have chunked out, though that's about the only part of him that is chubby.  I'm interested to see his weight and height at his four month checkup this Thursday.  Thus far he's been in roughly the 50th percentile for both height and weight but lately strangers who see him comment that he looks older than 16 weeks.

He has definitely learned that he can manipulate his environment and use his hands for things.  He is in that stage of sticking everything in his mouth, especially his hands.  He plays with toys and understands that certain toys make noise/play music and boy does he get frustrated when he can't make them work!  You can just tell that he is yelling at the elephant on his gym when he can't get it to play music.  

We seem to have developed a pretty good schedule: he sleeps from about 8:30 pm to 7 am or so with one overnight feeding and then he takes a nap in the morning and the afternoon.  We hit a rough patch a week or so ago with a bit of sleep regression but thankfully we seem to be on the other side of that.  

Will attended his first baseball game last weekend as well.  He is such a good baby when we are out and about and we are making every effort to take advantage of that while we can.  He even managed to fall asleep at the stadium despite the crowd cheering...he must take after his dad with his ability to fall asleep anywhere.
 
Chewing on Truman the Tiger...a favorite activity.
Growing so quickly! 
Love those cheeks!
How sweet is that little face?!?
Taking in his first baseball game.
Just hanging out in the Bumbo.

On an entirely different note, I had my first encounter with jury duty last week.  I first received a summons back in March for jury duty in April, about a week or so after Will's due date.  I requested a postponement due to the fact that I would most likely have just given birth and was granted one with my jury duty date moved to July.  I have to admit, I was less than thrilled to see that lovely summons in our mailbox; we don't have childcare for Will which meant Matt would need to take off work, and Will is exclusively breastfed which meant I would have to pump throughout the day.  Of course it's pretty hard to get out of jury duty so I sucked it up and went with the hope that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones selected.  

Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I was chosen to serve on the jury for the trial of a man accused of aggravated motor vehicle theft, forgery, and theft.  At first I was pretty upset as this was a big inconvenience for both Matt and I as we would both be missing work.  However, I got over it and actually found the whole process pretty interesting.  Thankfully the judge and his staff were very accommodating with my need to take longer breaks for pumping and we finished a day earlier than originally anticipated.  We found the defendant not guilty on all three counts if anyone is wondering (the prosecution's case was awful and I have no idea why they though they had a chance of winning).  Of course, I still hope I don't have to perform jury duty again any time soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment