Saturday, June 16, 2012

Old Friends, Good Times

Last weekend we had some good friends from home, Tim and Megan, in town for a whirlwind weekend visit.  They landed on Thursday night and were off again Sunday morning so it was a quick trip but we managed to make the most of it.  We started the weekend off in Denver--it had been awhile since we've gone out in Denver--and then drove up to Ft. Collins Friday for an afternoon of beer tasting at the breweries. Matt has been to Ft. Collins before but this was my first time so I was pretty excited.  I'm not the most adventurous when it comes to beer, in fact I generally stick to Bud Light, but I've branched out some since moving out here and I'm willing to at least try all kinds.

Tasting at Odell Brewery, one of Matt's favorites.

Quite the spread at New Belgium Brewery.

We only visited three breweries and there were plenty more to try, but we had to cut the afternoon short in order to make it to Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison for the Michael Franti concert that night.  If you recall, Matt and I saw a concert there in May in less than desirable conditions.  This time thankfully the weather was much better and I was able to really enjoy the experience.

Even up at the top, it's still a great experience.

Took a few tries but we got a decent group picture.

Saturday we drove up Pikes Peak and spent some time at Garden of the Gods.  I can honestly say I don't think I will ever get sick of the mountains or the gorgeous views we have out here.  It's so nice to have visitors come out and be able to share all of it with them...I loved Megan's excitement about the mountains because it reminded me of my first couple trips out here. :)

My favorite spot on the way up Pikes Peak.
The sky is so blue!
Just climbing around on top of a mountain.
Garden of the Gods--one of my favorite places out here.

Joseph family photo!
Best dog ever. :)

It was a fast weekend, but a great one.  We loved getting to spend time out here with some good friends and showing them what Colorado is all about: gorgeous views, mountains, and good beer. :)  Can't wait to see you guys again in just a couple weeks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment