Saturday, February 11, 2012

And Winter Has Returned...

Go figure that after I wrote about how unseasonable our weather had been lately, it has been snowing all day today.  Nothing much has accumulated but it sure has been pretty...and cold.  When we were running errands today the car said that it was 16 degrees out!  So, I'm bundled up in sweats and blankets and have been just relaxing on the couch for most of the afternoon.  I figure we deserve an easy day considering all that we've been up to the last two days: tackling the Incline and then a day of skiing.

Since Matt is done actually working and is now finishing up clearing, he really has only been going on Post for a few hours in the morning.  It's been great to have him around for the afternoon so that we can do fun stuff together.  Thursday afternoon we decided to hike the Incline again.  I had only done it once, back in the early fall while it was still warm out.  Matt, on the other hand, has done it numerous times and he makes it look easy, even in the snow!  We decided to take Cooper with us.  I was a bit apprehensive about taking him with us but Matt was confident that he could handle it.  Cooper put us both to shame and did an awesome job going up and then running back down the Barr Trail with us.  We were so proud of him...and I was darn proud of myself!  Matt wants to make the Incline a weekly workout--I'm thinking it will be a bit before I can do it every week, my legs and bum are killing me right now!!

We didn't realize just how cold it was...it wasn't
snowing at our house :)

One step at a time, the only way to do it!

We did it!  And in the snow!


Definitely needed the extra traction
on the shoes.

So, after hitting up the Incline Thursday, we decided to hit up the slopes at Winter Park on Friday.  As if my legs hadn't had enough punishment. :)  Winter Park is where we went skiing together last time so I knew some of the runs already.  It was really nice to be able to ski with Matt since the last time we were there I was with my lesson the whole day.  He was kind enough to stick to the green runs with me in the morning and I even went down a blue run...and didn't fall once the whole day.  It was a gorgeous day, blue skies and sun though the wind was pretty brutal.  All in all, a great day of skiing!

Getting ready to hit the road before
the sun was up!

The Coca-Cola polar bear!

Me in action.

Self portrait on the lift.

Racing down the moutain :)

A little sunburned, a little wind-burned,
but quite happy. 

My legs are currently KILLING me.  Matt says I walk like an old lady with a limp...and sadly, that's a relatively accurate description.  Perhaps we won't go skiing the day after doing the Incline again.  This coming week marks Matt's final four days with the Army!!  As of February 17th, he will officially be on Terminal Leave.  We will be heading up to Steamboat Springs next weekend to celebrate the occasion.  I'll be sure to take lots of great pictures to share with everyone.  Hope everyone has a great week and a fantastic Valentine's Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment