Friday, December 9, 2011

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, Yum!

I've made these cupcakes twice now and they are simply amazing so I just had to share!  I love to bake and try new recipes but don't want to end up eating everything so Matt takes the goodies to work for his Soldiers.  These were a HUGE hit when I made them a few months ago and since he and his guys have worked so hard this week, I thought I'd make some for them again.  I got the recipe from my friend Megan and you can find it on her blog here.


These cupcakes are rather time consuming so I wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for a quick dessert, but if you've got the time (I think it took me about 2.5 hours total) or can split it up over two days, it's definitely worth it!!  The cupcakes themselves are chocolate with Guinness beer in them and it's absolutely hands down the best chocolate batter I have ever tasted.


There's a delicious chocolate ganache filling that has Jameson Irish Whiskey in it.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of whiskey but the combination works well in the cupcake and you can't really tell it's whiskey.


You have to almost "core out" the cupcakes so that you can put in the filling.  I used a paring knife which worked just fine.  If you have a piping bag, you can put the ganache filling in that but a ziploc bag with the corner cut off gets the job done too.


The final touch is the icing with the Baileys in it!  You can definitely taste the Baileys in the icing and it is simply delicious.  I think you could pretty much put Baileys in anything and it would taste great.



Since it's Christmas time I decided to top them off with some red and green sprinkles, just to be festive! :)



While I was baking away, Matt was having fun being playing photographer...


and Cooper was mooching hardcore! :)


Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment